* What do you use your fiber for? Felting, needle felting, knitting
or crocheting, weaving?
So far only knitting but I am taking a weaving course and have plans for doing some thing there along the lines of blankets and rugs.
* What kind of spinning do you do or what do you spin for?
I have several spindles and a Roberta electric. I spin mostly as recreation, as I find it very soothing and I like the feeling of the fibre. I rarely spin with anything in particular in mind unless I'm aiming at socks.
* If you knit, weave, spin, crochet, needle felt, or do other fibery
pursuits, how long have you been doing those things?
I've just started weaving, I have been knitting for about 15 years (I consider myself intermediate) and spinning for about 4 (still a novice). I have made quilts since I was a child and needlepoint for at least 25 years. But I am a process person so I don't necessarily hang on to what I've made.
* What fibers have you worked with?
Wool almost exclusively, except since I started with spindles and that's added camel down and silk. Wool breeds I've spun: merino, BFL, English Leicester, Romney, Corriedale, various unbranded but probably merino cross.
* Which fibers, fiber blends, and types of fibers do you prefer?
I haven't spun enough of anything to know what I like. There are so many kinds of wool that I haven't spun all that I have yet.
* Are you interested in working with raw fleece? If so, what type?
I am but I cannot be sent raw fleece from outside Australia as it is prohibited by Quarantine. If I fall in love with a fleece and it's raw, I will buy it but it has to be special.
* What fibery tools do you currently have (e.g., spinning wheels,
drop spindles, combs, cards, etc.)?
I have an Ashford drumcarder, about 5 drop spindles, a Roberta spinner because I have knee and hip problems and can't treadle.
* Do you crave any tools, books, or videos?
I'd love the Ashford book on carding, some of the spinning DVDs,
* What fibers are you absolutely dying to get your hands on?
Sheltand, rare breeds like California Red or CVM, kid mohair, coloured wool.
* Which fibers do you absolutely not want to work with?
Coarse anything, merino (as I am surrounded by merinos and don't need more!)
* Do you prefer natural color fibers or pre-dyed fibers?
I like both as long as the dyed are colours I like.
* What are your dye and color preferences?
Don't care how the fibre is dyed but I hate oranges and conversely drab colours like olive. I am trying to get out of a pink/purple/blue rut so reds or greens would be welcome