* What do you use your fiber for? Felting, needle felting, knitting
or crocheting, weaving?
I am primarily a knitter but I dabble a bit in needle felting. Some time in the past I was an extremely proficient crocheter but I rarely get the hooks out anymore.
* If you knit, weave, spin, crochet, needle felt, or do other fibery
pursuits, how long have you been doing those things? What level of
expertise are you at?
* What fibers have you worked with?
I’ve mostly worked with Romney, BFL, Corriedale, and Finn. In a spinning class that I took the teacher brought samples of all kinds of exotic and man-made fibers for us to sample but other than that experience I’ve really stuck with what I know best so far.
* Which fibers, fiber blends, and types of fibers do you prefer?
I am still learning what I prefer and so am open to trying most anything (especially if helpful hints are included with anything that needs unusual handling).
* Are you interested in working with raw fleece? If so, what type?
I haven’t done it yet but I’ve been giving it more thought lately, I'll probably try some out this summer sometime.
* What fibery tools do you currently have (e.g., spinning wheels, etc.)
One spinning wheel (Lendrum, LOVE IT!!)
One drop spindle (never use it anymore…)
Niddy noddy, ball winder, umbrella swift
Just the basics I guess.
* Do you crave any tools, books, or videos?
Not that I know of… Oh wait, a WPI tool would be cool, also I always look at those nifty bead row counter things but I’m not sure how they work and haven’t ever handled one in real life.
* What fibers are you absolutely dying to get your hands on?
I think I don’t know enough yet to know what I would like to try… surprise me!
* Which fibers do you absolutely not want to work with?
I only tried cotton once and got extremely frustrated. I’m staying away from it for now. I don’t especially care for the man-made fibers.
* Do you prefer natural color fibers or pre-dyed fibers?
I like them both. I’ve been playing around with dyeing just recently.
* What are your dye and color preferences?
In the past I would have said that I prefer strog and dark colors, especially blue, green, red and grey/black… lately however I’ve been finding myself more and more drawn towards brighter (but still strong) colors like intense yellow and fiery orange.
* Do you have any relevant allergies?