Friday, May 4, 2007

Shelby's Questionnaire

* What do you use your fiber for? Felting, needle felting, knitting
or crocheting, weaving?
I knit, and have tried some needle felting.

* What kind of spinning do you do or what do you spin for?
I haven't really figured that out yet! I've got some that I plan to use for hats/scarves, and others for socks.

* If you knit, weave, spin, crochet, needle felt, or do other fibery
pursuits, how long have you been doing those things? What level of
expertise are you at?
I learned to knit 25 years ago, but have been knitting consistently for about 3 years. I've been spinning for 1 year.

* What fibers have you worked with?
wool, merino, silk/merino blends

* Which fibers, fiber blends, and types of fibers do you prefer?
Anything SOFT. The softer the better. I really liked the merino/silk blend, and BFL is so soft too!

* Are you interested in working with raw fleece? If so, what type?
Not at this time.

* What fibery tools do you currently have (e.g., spinning wheels,
drop spindles, combs, cards, etc.)?
I have a spinning wheel (Ashford Kiwi), and 2 drop spindles

* Do you crave any tools, books, or videos?
Nothing I can think of! Always looking to try new things though. Someday I'll get some hand carders (MSW is tomorrow- maybe I'll break down and get some).

* What fibers are you absolutely dying to get your hands on?
Anything soft and yummy. I'm easy!

* Which fibers do you absolutely not want to work with?
anything scratchy

* Do you prefer natural color fibers or pre-dyed fibers?
Both!!

* What are your dye and color preferences?
I love purples, blues, greens, reds, pinks. I'm not a huge fan of yellow/orange, but most other colors are great!

* Do you have any relevant allergies?
just smoke. Everything else is good with me!

No comments: