Thursday, May 3, 2007

Nicol (Polly): Answers

* What do you use your fiber for? Felting, needle felting, knitting or crocheting, weaving?

Nothing, I just hang it up and criticize it. It's become quite the ritual. Also my handspinning has become quite the decoration for my bathroom.

* What kind of spinning do you do or what do you spin for?

I'm spinning way too thin and trying to teach myself to spin fatter.

* If you knit, weave, spin, crochet, needle felt, or do other fibery pursuits, how long have you been doing those things?

Knitting 10 years, Crocheting since I was a teeny child, needle felting not seriously for 3 years, but my latest thing is learning to make felt.

What level of expertise are you at?

Knitting - Intermediate to Advanced

Spinning - Beginner

* What fibers have you worked with?

Corriedale, merino, BFL

* Which fibers, fiber blends, and types of fibers do you prefer?*

Im trying to practice more with Merino, but I really like corriedale but I am up for anything

Are you interested in working with raw fleece?

I dunno

If so, what type?

anything but it's got to be clean

* What fibery tools do you currently have (e.g., spinning wheels, drop spindles, combs, cards, etc.)?

Spinning wheel, drop spindle, a drum carder coming in the mail that is supposed to be great for colorwork

* Do you crave any tools, books, or videos?

I love gadgeting things, I dont have any spinning books and limited DVDs so if there is anything out there Im up for it.

* What fibers are you absolutely dying to get your hands on?

I dont live near anywhere I can actually touch and buy, so I generally want everything

* Which fibers do you absolutely not want to work with?

Anything that will frustrate me and make me cry.

* Do you prefer natural color fibers or pre-dyed fibers?

Pre-dyed is great, but I can also dye it so I get natural fibers, I dont get brown

* What are your dye and color preferences?

My favorite color is emerald green... I like really bright colors, but primary... but I'm in a summery mood right now... plus since I live in glitzy Vegas, anything understated gets lost in the shuffle of sequins, slots, and buffet lines.

No comments: