Friday, May 4, 2007

Heidi Kim's Questionnaire

* What do you use your fiber for? Felting, needle felting, knitting
or crocheting, weaving? Spinning and knitting.

* What kind of spinning do you do or what do you spin for? I spin mostly lace weight yarn, but like to spin bulky yarn also.

* If you knit, weave, spin, crochet, needle felt, or do other fibery
pursuits, how long have you been doing those things? What level of
expertise are you at? I learned to knit and croch when I was going on the children school, so I think that I have been knitted from I was around 10 years old. Spinning I have not done so long time, when I got 4 angora rabbit lat fall 2005 it became naturyaly to begin to spin. I began first with drop spindles, and last year I bought a spinning wheel. I don't quite know what level I will clasified myself with, but between intermediate and advanced.

* What fibers have you worked with? Angora, different type of merino, BFL, silk, alpaca.

* Which fibers, fiber blends, and types of fibers do you prefer? I like to fibers that are so fine and soft that you can weare them intil the body, ore fibre to knit socks of. I have some blend with silk and merino, lovely stuff.

* Are you interested in working with raw fleece? If so, what type? I have only expericene with washed fleece, so I am intrested in that. But not raw since I have no facilities to wash them.

* What fibery tools do you currently have (e.g., spinning wheels,
drop spindles, combs, cards, etc.)? I have all the 3 type from Simplet Market, a lot of differente drop spindles from Bosworth, that is my favorits. Spinning wheel is from Majacraft, Little Gem II, hand cards.

* Do you crave any tools, books, or videos? Maybe about handdyeing and colour in spinning.

* What fibers are you absolutely dying to get your hands on? I love to get hold in some Qiviut ore Moskus that we call them here in Norway. But all fibre under 25 microns I love to spin with. And I am intresting in trying some Romney that many spinner talk so warm about, but since I am curious I would always like to try new wool and fiber.

* Which fibers do you absolutely not want to work with? Rough, harsh fiber over25 microns, I got some Shetland from UK. Terrible stuff, did not spin with it at all. I am not so found in mohair yet, have some kidmohair blend with merino maybe that is better :o)

* Do you prefer natural color fibers or pre-dyed fibers? I like both, but I am not so found in pastel colours.

* What are your dye and color preferences? I am not so difficult there, not so much pastel coulours. But soft and clear colours I am very found of.

* Do you have any relevant allergies? The allergies I have is not in conflict with the spinning, but I am sensitive for strong sents.

*Do you have a blog? Yes, it is hkangora.wordpress.com

No comments: